Discover Tanzania’s culture, wildlife and beaches on this all-encompassing yet compact tour. Explore two World Heritage Sites: historical Stone Town with its fascinating labyrinthine streets, and the vast remote wilderness of Selous National Park, home to over half of Tanzania’s elephant population; then relax with an exotic beach stay.
Day 1 & 2: Zanzibar Stone Town
On arrival in Zanzibar Airport, You will be met by Our Team and transfer to the Zanzibar Serena Inn for two nights. This oceanfront hotel enjoys a prime location in the centre of Zanzibar’s historic capital, Stone Town. With splendid architecture and listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Stone Town’s maze of narrow alleyways, old forts and gardens, museums and places of worship provide for fascinating exploring. We highly recommend that you pre book our Stone Town Tour – a half day guided excursion around the town and a great way to learn about the rich Arab, Indian, Persian and European influences on the culture.
Day 3 & 4: Selous Game Reserve
Today you will transfer to the Airport and fly to Selous, Africa’s largest game reserve. Spend two nights at Selous Riverside Camp, an intimate tented camp beside the Rufiji River. Ten spacious tents, all with en suite bathroom and private deck, blend harmoniously with the African bush, providing privacy, comfort and beautiful views. The camp also has a pool and dining is in the restaurant or under the stars. enjoy shared activities including game drives in the remote forest and bushland, spotting the park’s large elephant herds, leopards and rare African hunting dog amongst other wildlife, and game viewing by boat, seeking hippo and crocodile on the mighty Rufiji River.
Day 5 – 8: Zanzibar Beach
Transfer to Selous airstrip and depart on your return light aircraft flight to Zanzibar, where you will transfer to Breezes Beach Club & Spa for four nights. Spend your days lounging by the pool, in the spa or on the beach; venture underwater on a scuba diving or snorkelling trip, or embark on a local excursion (all extra cost).
Day 9: Departure
Transfer to the Zanzibar airport for your return flight.
- Twin /Single accommodation as specified on the Itinerary
- Greeting and assistance at airport
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- Scheduled domestic flights as specified in the itinerary
- Scheduled road transportation as specified in the itinerary
- Scheduled game activities as specified itinerary
- Park Entrance Fees
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Gratuities and all items of a personal nature
- Meals and drinks not specified in the itinerary
- Champagne, cognacs, cellar wines, cigars and cigarettes
- Sightseeing and excursions other than those specified in the itinerary
- All International flights and Taxes
- Visa fees (if required)
- Travel & Personal accident insurance cover
- Night drives, guided walking trails, a Maasai community visit, sundowners overlooking the Mara and hot air ballooning are available at an additional cost.