A fly-in safari exploring Selous and Ruaha National Parks in southern Tanzania, two of the largest and least visited in Africa. A unique and outstanding taste of the more rural, wild and striking Tanzania. Ideal for repeat visitors.
Day 1: Dar Es Salaam
On arrival in Dar Es Salaam Airport, You will be met by Our Team and transfer to the Dar Es Salaam Serena Hotel for overnight stay.
Day 2 & 3: Selous National Game Reserve
Today you will transfer to the Airport and fly to Selous, Africa’s largest game reserve, which probably contains the greatest concentration of big game animals left in the world. On arrival transfer to Selous Safari Camp featuring just 13 luxurious tents on wooden platforms, pool, restaurant and relaxing bar/lounge area. During your stay you can enjoy boat safaris in flat-bottomed boats along the river. A ranger guide accompanies you and you can watch the animals come to drink along the river, while you relax in your boat. Game walks and game drives in the camps’ own open 4×4 vehicles with experienced and knowledgeable rangers will provide plenty of opportunity to see some of the huge variety of animals that reside in the park. Elephant, lion, bushbuck, giraffe, buffalo, wild hunting dogs and a large concentration of hippo can be found here
Day 4 & 5: Ruaha
Fly by light aircraft to the remote wilderness of Ruaha National Park for two nights at Jongomero Camp. Set under acacias in a remote sector of the park guaranteeing unmatched privacy. Just eight large tents are luxuriously appointed, while the natural rock pool is a popular feature on hot days. Look out for huge herds of buffalo, beautiful sable antelope, wild hunting dogs and many elephants. In addition lion, leopard and cheetah are regularly sighted on game drives. Enjoy game viewing in open 4×4 vehicles or on optional escorted walks.
Day 6: Departure
Fly by light aircraft from Ruaha to Dar es Salaam for your return flight
- Twin /Single accommodation as specified on the Itinerary
- Greeting and assistance at airport
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- Scheduled domestic flights as specified in the itinerary
- Scheduled road transportation as specified in the itinerary
- Scheduled game activities as specified itinerary
- Park Entrance Fees
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Gratuities and all items of a personal nature
- Meals and drinks not specified in the itinerary
- Champagne, cognacs, cellar wines, cigars and cigarettes
- Sightseeing and excursions other than those specified in the itinerary
- All International flights and Taxes
- Visa fees (if required)
- Travel & Personal accident insurance cover
- Night drives, guided walking trails, a Maasai community visit, sundowners overlooking the Mara and hot air ballooning are available at an additional cost.